2022 marks 50 years of Standardbred Horse Racing in Fraserville, Ontario, highlighted by special celebrations, concerts, fireworks, and festivities all summer long.
- A new future for horse racing in South Eastern Ontario
- A new agricultural fairground for South Eastern Ontario
- Economic development and agency partnerships
- Diverse residental growth
Kawartha Downs is your Destination Events + Entertainment Centre
Expect more live music, sporting events, agricultural and community events.
“It’s Great To Be Working On
The Potential Is Sky High.
The New Features Are Going
To Be State Of The Art Entertainment.”
- Building on 50 years of successful operating history at Kawartha Downs
- Create a commercial hub (hotel, slots, bingo, large concert venue, fairgrounds)
- Bring well paying jobs to the area, with strong focus on agriculture and tourism
- Bring a comprehensive servicing solution that can spur employment growth in the area, including the Airport and other neighbouring industrial properties
- Build a broad range of housing types to compliment the commercial redevelopment once the revitalization is underway
A Racing Future
The proposal abandons the dual racing format by eliminating car racing and instead focusing on horse racing.
Cavan-Monaghan has supported our bid to dramatically increase race dates. We also intend to introduce ¼ horse racing 2022/23.
Our proposed Southern Ontario Agricultural Fairground will work in concert with those that already exist in Peterborough, Millbrook, Lindsay, Port Hope, Orono, and Port Perry.
No Risk To Township
The site is owned by Romspen Mortgage Fund. Romspen has the financial wherewithal to undertake the entire development including the hotel, concert hall, and residential development. Providing billions of dollars of mortgage financing across North America, Romspen owns its own portfolio of rental units, shopping centres and industrial buildings. Over 2,000 residential homes, high rise condominiums and apartments are currently being built from Halifax to Victoria and Collingwood to Los Angeles.
Our planned residential community will provide a broad range of housing types including singles, semis and townhouses providing more choices to the community than conventional houses in the area.
OHHA (Ontario Harness Horseman Association)
Community Care Peterborough
The Lions Club
Maple Leaf Cavan FC
Holiday Inn Peterborough
Creating a vibrant community where residents not only have the option to, but also want to
LIVe, Work, Play and Interact.
MJMA Architecture & Design
Jim Bailey, P.Eng.
External Services, Cambium Inc.
D.M. Wills Associates Limited.
Dr. Lawrence Jackson
Northeastern Archaeological Associates Limited
4 Direction of Conservation Consulting Services
Romspen Investment Corp.
- Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!
- Indoor And Outdoor Community Programming
- Large Scale Concert Facility To Feature Local, Regional, And International Acts
- Hotel To Boost Tourism For The Entire Area
- Working With Non-Profits
- Local Trades And Employees
- Improved Servicing To The Airport